This Systematic Program centered on Social Emotional Learning will influence all parts of a school community- administration, staff, paraprofessional, students and parents. We invite educational leaders to engage with regional and national researchers and implementers in a Data-Based Organizational Growth Model.
Public schools and districts, private schools, charters, cybers and educational service organizational leaders who have Social Emotional Learning, school climate, wellness, trauma informed care and/or resiliency as an initiative, district/school goal or part of strategic plan. The SEL Connection is a collaborative and supportive professional learning environment.
- Encourage and drive implementation of SEL that will support students and create opportunities for academic, social, emotional enrichment and growth and in meeting challenging state academic standards
- Host professional development sessions that foster social emotional learning, through training, practice, data collection and implementation of current research
- Create a network of educational leaders focused on the integration of SEL into every facet of their learning community
- Plan for and prepare implementation strategies that will support students’ educational opportunities and achievement through the application of social emotional learning research, strategies and practices
- Engage with staff, students, parents and other members of the school community through sessions that run parallel to the professional development sessions and empower their capacity and voice as an essential part of social emotional wellness in their respective community
Thom Stecher and Associates is dedicated to assisting schools, educators and students in achieving their highest level of potential. We strive to foster open relationships where the sharing of ideas, philosophy, knowledge, beliefs, values and passion is channeled into creating constructive solutions. We aim to build healthy communities where we grow as instruments for positive change.
Thom Stecher and Associates
The Social Emotional Learning Connection is presented by Thom Stecher and Associates in partnership with Chester County Intermediate Unit